market-farming - [Market-farming] Florence Fennel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Florence Fennel
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:00:43 -0400

Has anyone sold Florence Fennel at market? I haven't found a way to keep
it looking nice; it wilts so fast. Even keeping it in a jar of water
didn't help. Seal it in a bag? Leave the roots on? Someone suggested
cutting the leaves off, but they are my favorite part. I like having one
out
so people can see how pretty it is and smell/taste the leaves, but if it
looks wilted people won't want to even try it.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Cowbridge Farm