market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] update on "cougar"/red fabric mulch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] update on "cougar"/red fabric mulch
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:48:18 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Liz. The mulch sounds like to old IRT red that came out in the 1980's.
You are supposed to apply a herbicide to the soil before applying it. Its not
for weed control but to allow IF rays into the soil to heat it for early
crops. Good luck with the cougar, I prefer to use a cannon, not only does a
cannon scare birds and deer but also pisses off my 4 new mc mansion
neighbors... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.