market-farming - [Market-farming] Pricing Garlic heads?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Pricing Garlic heads?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:21:35 -0400

I am hoping someone here might be able to assist in pricing Garlic heads,
just cured? This is an area where few folk cook with or purchase
such........a different world than i came from. Still, i am allium
hobbyist each year for seedstock, sale, braiding, and powdering. Now
that i have built up a large harvest over our seed needs of many
varieties, it's time to try and sell some! The extension agents in two
connecting counties are clueless as to what it might sell for around this
area of Kentucky. so i call upon you folk again.
-How much for seed garlic, retail or to the farm supply nearby?
-Culinary, per head and per lb?
-I have a great harvest of very big Elephant Garlic, too......how to go
about pricing that ?
-Potato onions, boiler sized?
-Rakkyo Pearl Onions?

It was a good allium year for us again.

So many questions - i thank you all again for your advice.
Toni

  • [Market-farming] Pricing Garlic heads?, tonitime, 07/17/2006