market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Teaching the Art of Farming

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: JOHN A HENDRICKSON <jhendric AT wisc.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Teaching the Art of Farming
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 12:52:49 -0500

I would be happy to provide a basic outline. The class is largely based
on growers sharing what they do on their farm so we do not have a highly
detailed, prescribed curriculum per se. I'll post something sometime
this week. At the moment, I am busy transplanting at my farm. As for
handouts, we provide a thick 3-ring binder full of things (some
ready-made publications and some things we've prepared specifically for
the class) as well as Vern Grubinger's book: Sustainable Vegetable
Production: From Start-up to Market.

-John