market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] hot pepper spray

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: <farmersue AT hughes.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] hot pepper spray
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:34:54 -0500

Hi Sue,

I have cooked dried jalapeƱo peppers in a big kettle, cooled and strained
the results, then sprayed on flea beetles. It worked pretty well. Also, I've
mixed up pickling lime with water and sprayed with that. It works too. Both
methods need to be reapplied after rain.

Marie in Missouri

Has anyone made their own hot pepper spray for the bugs? These flea beetles
are bad. I have tried vacuuming them up and then watering the plants, but I
can't keep up with them.

Any suggestions without using any chemicals or BT?

Thank you.

Sue Wells