market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] vinegar

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kelly Saxer" <kellysaxer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] vinegar
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:32:48 -0700

Hi Pam,

From what I've read (and experienced), regular 5% vingear works really well
on young weeds (in their first few weeks of life). I've had really good luck with it on baby lambsquarter, dandelion and mallow. If you can find a source for vinegar used in canning it should have a slightly higher acidity rate and it might work better on older weeds. But the 5% vinegar I got at the store for $1/gallon has worked great for me on the weed youngsters.

Good luck,

Kelly
Desert Roots Farm
Queen Creek, Arizona