market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] salad spinners

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mike Emers" <rosie-ck AT mosquitonet.com>
  • To: <lists AT rhomestead.com>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] salad spinners
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:39:50 -0900

We've used the Dynamic for several years now and we do like it.
However, when we were in a rush and didn't have time to spin we would
just shake the greens in our harvest bins and put them into the cold
storage a little wetter. I think they stayed cooler and fresher that
way but there was a problem with spots on the leaves - so it was a trade
off. We just had a conference up here and had folks from Roxbury Farm
in NY State speaking. They do a 1000 member CSA, are impeccable in
their quality and don't spin their greens. They also don't bag them,
but let their members bag at the pickup. So we'll try not spinning this
coming summer - at least for our CSA. I know it will save time.

Mike Emers
Rosie Creek Farm
Ester, Alaska