market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Organics Tirade

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Organics Tirade
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:17:12 -0400

Rodale is not touting conventional systems, the Hudson Institute is and it is using an abstract from Cornell U/Rodale to "prove" their point.

the Hudson institute has a long career of bashing organic agriculture. generally these pieces are written by Dennis Avery or His Son. I notice this piece has no byline and i wonder does the Hudson Institute have another anti-organic ag writer?

Lucy Goodman

Juanita Garcia wrote:
Good morning all:

I'm kind of surprised to see Rodale touting the conventional
systems...after all, they are the originators of "Organic Gardening"
magazine, and have always heretofore been at the front of the organic
movement. What's up with that?

The magazine still reports on all things organic, and even has a "They
done us wrong" column that reports all the latest attacks on
organic/sustainable. Perhaps the article is meant to be read that organic can produce the
same crop yield while still maintaining the health of the
field/air/planet. Or perhaps it's just the next in line of the corporate
sell-outs....heavy sigh.

Juanita Garcia
Garcia Eggs & Herbs