market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] [Fwd: [LH Stores] FW: Right to have chickens and small farm livestock threataned] I CAnt Believe This Post!!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "RLP2000" <rlp2000 AT swbell.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] [Fwd: [LH Stores] FW: Right to have chickens and small farm livestock threataned] I CAnt Believe This Post!!!
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:16:01 -0500

I couldn't believe what I read in this post! Furthermore I can't believe
that every single person on this thread hasn't responded in a fury! I went
to the USDA website and confirmed this story....Our government has already
voted and begun implementation of a system called the NAIS: National Animal
Identification System whereby any animal you have on your property: chicken,
duck, pig, goat. cow or horse has to basically be bar coded with an
electronic surveillance device....furthermore if your animal dies, moves,
has a baby, is eaten, etc....you have 24 hrs to report to the proper
authorities.... IS this Nazi Germany or the US of A????

I can see where this may be helpful for the meat Market corporations of the
country where with all of the mass production, inhumane treatment,
injections, etc that cause sick animals for public consumption, but for the
folks that don't want to be a part of that and want to raise their own
healthy food for their own use or their local community.....this is
INSANE!!!

We already have companies like Monsanto and Bechtel putting a patent on life
itself (seeds, water) whereby it becomes illegal for a farmer to save seed,
we all eat genetically modified plants (and animals??), 3rd world countries
are having all their water resources bought out by these corporate
behemoths, etc etc....It is now literally coming down to this: It is going
to be illegal to try to be self sufficient!!! If you have a small
sustainable farm you are now an outlaw for trying to live like our ancestors
have for thousands of years.....

I am really interested in hearing this groups thoughts on the subject. I
have been quietly reading everyone's posts on this site for the last year
or so, and I would think that legislation of this nature would be quite
upsetting to many of you.

Robert Phipps
Tree of Life Farm, TX