market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] garlic spacing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Goodwill at Homefields Farm <scottb AT lancastergoodwill.org>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] garlic spacing
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:27:00 -0400

hi Sean,

5 rows across three feet, that's pretty impressive. we are a training and employment program for persons w/ disabilities, so hoeing around/between garlic is a challenge for us. am going to mulch well this year and leave it on, then hand weed instead of using the tine weeder and hoeing. it cannot do any worse than in the past when we lost our garlic to the weeds and couldn't even find them at harvest time. Thanks for sharing your methods!

Scott

PS: do you use a precision seeder for anything?

Scott Breneman
Farm Manager
Goodwill at Homefields Farm
150 Letort Rd
Millersville, PA 17551
717-871-3110

  • Re: [Market-farming] garlic spacing, Goodwill at Homefields Farm, 09/29/2005