market-farming - [Market-farming] Cleaning Station

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cleaning Station
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:34:14 EDT

Guy

We used a couple of Rubbermaid sheep tanks to put all the produce from the garden to cool and to get a quick wash.  Built them on stands with drains put in to an under  ground tank that we pump out and put back on the garden area that we raise lettuce and spinach to be able to get hot summer production.  We cool everything with water before it goes to the cooler, helps from overwhelming the cooler temp on these hot days when we are picking heavy.  Took half of a building we have on the farm, a small farrowing house, cleaned it all out , relined the interior with drywall and the cooler room with insulation board and made our processing building.  Used this for about 20 years now and has worked really well for us.

Phil

  • [Market-farming] Cleaning Station, SaladG, 06/24/2005