market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] specality eggplant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Guy Clark <guyclark AT socket.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] specality eggplant
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:29:11 -0500

I have an Indian couple I do some landscaping for and they gave me seeds
of a smallish round purple eggplant to grow for them this year. It is
from Sagar Hybrid Seeds Company it is in Hyderguda, Hyderabad India. I
think the variety is Manjri Gutta. I think the name for eggplant is
Brinjal.

You might also try Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds at www.rareseeds.com He
has a huge selection of eggplants which can be found here
http://www.rareseeds.com/catlisting.php?cat=16 but none sound exactly
like what you are looking for.

I like the idea of printing out a page and asking them to choose. Then
get the seeds and grow it for them. Nothing like that level of personal
service from the agri-corpse.

Guy Clark