market-farming - [Market-farming] path cover/green manure

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jennifer Albert <jalbert AT cybermesa.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] path cover/green manure
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:13:40 -0700

I'm using New Zealand White Clover, which I get from Peaceful Valley. See http://www.groworganic.com/a/item_SCL325_NewZealandWhiteCloverCoatedLb.html

I've planted it between my berry rows as well as in my orchards, and it's thriving and providing ALL the nitrogen the berries and trees need. Plus, I'm grazing chickens on it. It has choked out all the broad-leafed weeds, including bindweed. It grows low and can stand a lot of traffic.

Jenny in Northern New Mexico