market-farming - Re: RE: [Market-farming] path cover/green manure

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: RE: [Market-farming] path cover/green manure
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:39:39 -0500

The broad geographic zone designation may mean very little where
temperatures and precipitation may vary widely within the zone, and it does
vary here. As I said, I'll have some freezes over the next 2-3 months,
which is typical of zone 5. We've had 30" of snow so far, three times
normal, and more rain too. And an ususual week of subzero around Xmas. It's
too unpredictable. Zones may be more predictable elsewhere.

Jeez, where are you, New Mexico, or somewhere?

Allan
in zone 7a