market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Ruth Stout

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cheselka AT theriver.com" <cheselka AT theriver.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Ruth Stout
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:08:01 -0500

I came across Stout's books (I have 'How to Have a Green Thumb Without an
Aching Back' and 'No-Work Garden Book') and I, too, couldn't put either of
them down when I got them.

Well, that was several years ago when I was still just "dreaming" about
farming. So unfortunately much of that info went in one ear and out the
other. So I'm glad you mentioned her -- I've just now grabbed both books,
dusted them off (sad to say), and will read them again.

Just as an aside, it got down to 3F in some places in my area last night.
The location of my tire garden (where I'm growing Tatsoi, Mustard,
Cauliflower, and Broccoli) got down to 6F. I've got them all covered with
row-cover, and they're all doing very well! Whew -- what a relief!

Don't let anyone tell you it doesn't get cold in Arizona!

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce

http://mail2web.com/ .