market-farming - [Market-farming] Some Pictures

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT freestateproject.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Some Pictures
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:26:15 -0500 (CDT)

I finally got my scanner to work so I could digitize some images and put
them up for everyone to see. These are pictures I took last month and
this month of my 'Whetstone Garden'. I also include a picture of my
vegetable stand at the feed store. The veggies are in some coolers hidden
behind that shed (in the shade!).

The beds are about 3ft by 8ft, with 1 foot paths in between. I'm mulching
everything to conserve water. The area get's only 15 inches of rain a
year on average, so every drop is precious! Those plants that like warm
soil have a 15 inch (or so) cleared area around them. I've also got
pretty much everything under row-cover tunnels. You can see the fabric
lying on the ground and the 1/4" steel rods I use for the structure.

Anyhow, I'm pretty proud of this sofar and am looking forward to getting
the rest of this area planted.

Comments, questions, snickers, or anything else is greatly appreciated.

http://personal.riverusers.com/~cheselka/cosmic_lettuce/w_garden.html

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce