market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: GARLIC SCAPES

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marienne & Jerry <marienne AT marienne.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: GARLIC SCAPES
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:25:00 -0500

The benefits of removing the scape from hardneck garlic seem to be a point of
disagreement between garlic growers. Of course, if you like to eat them, or
have a market for them, that's reason enough!

I left all mine on last year and didn't notice any ill effects to the bulbs.
I may experiment this year, though.

I'm also going to approach a couple of restaurants about them, and, if they
want the scapes, then off they come.

Jerry Ford
Living Song
Howard Lake, MN

  • [Market-farming] Re: GARLIC SCAPES, Marienne & Jerry, 04/30/2004