market-farming - [Market-farming] Message for Liz and A Question for Everyone Else

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT freestateproject.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Message for Liz and A Question for Everyone Else
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:07:03 -0500 (CDT)

Liz,

I've sent you a few off-list email sover the past couple of months and
have never gotten a response. It dawned on me just now that maybe your
email program is seeing my messages as spam. It also dawned on me to try
to send you a message via the list instead.

My apologies to this list for this intrusion.

My question to the list is the following:

I've visited a few of your Garden/Farm websites, and I've noticed that
lists of vegetables are always there, but rarely (if ever) is the actual
variety listed. For instance, I have 7 different kinds of lettuce. All
of 'em are different in looks, flavor, and growing style. I've noticed
that some people differenciate between varities (leaf lettuce vs head
lettuce, roma tomatoes vs beefsteak tomoatoes, bold beans bs bush beans)
but it never seems to be more specific. Is there a reason NOT to
advertise specific varieties?

Thanks,

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce

  • [Market-farming] Message for Liz and A Question for Everyone Else, Matt Cheselka, 04/30/2004