market-farming - [Market-farming] RE: ADMIN: seeking new moderator

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mtlivestock" <crublee AT libby.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE: ADMIN: seeking new moderator
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 00:57:27 -0600

Liz:

I am new to this list and, basically, a lurker. I want to let you know how
much I understand your present situation. How often I wished I could find
the right person to take over the club I started four years ago to attend to
other priorities!

I am a moderator of a small yahoo list (Montana Livestock and Feed). It has
been easy, but it does take time. And it is in no way in comparison to this
list! Your work has been outstanding.

It is VERY difficult to find a balance with priorities and volunteerism. It
especially difficult when you have such a passion for the volunteer work
which was evident in one of your last posts.

I think this list will surprise you! A qualified person with new vigor and
passion will step up. He or she is shy, and maybe a bit intimidated by your
(obvious) supporters.

Good luck Liz and thanks again! Hey, there is nothing stopping you from
returning to moderator after time off. Maybe co-moderating or limited-time
moderating may be useful. (In other words, ask for someone to "fill-in" for
a specified number of months to ensure he/she or you want to continue.)

There I go, giving you options to continue working! :-) My post was meant
to make you feel that you deserve a break!

I have learned a great deal since joining this list. I wish to take this
time to thank everyone on the list that has posted all these great ideas,
advice, and thoughts! Great bunch of folks on this list!

Christina
Libby Creek Heritage Farm

  • [Market-farming] RE: ADMIN: seeking new moderator, mtlivestock, 04/30/2004