market-farming - [Market-farming] Making a living

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Making a living
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:43:07 -0700 (PDT)

>Don't pity your customers. I understand the not
> wanting to gouge people or take advantage of them, but you have to make a
> living. Why not do it?? especially when you say "I probably could..."
>
> Liz Pike
> Don't know what your economy is like...but here in the Northwest money
has always been tight and these days I see all kinds of folk coming in
to the market with scraped together change just to come up with a few
bucks for bread and eggs. Sure I have to make a living, and I'm just
barely getting by, but in reality, I always have food and get to live in
Paradise.
I have some items I sell cheap, things that go to mostly locals. I know
I'm not making much on these things...but, in our tiny community...it has
brought in a devoted following who in turn bring in all their friends and
visiting relatives. Items that are attractive to tourists...I price at
normal US levels...these are the things that pay my bills.....
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics

  • [Market-farming] Making a living, sora, 08/30/2003