market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Mushrooms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Richard & Faye" <rifa AT advertisnet.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Mushrooms
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:14:43 -0600

ED,

My sales contacts have come by a lot of hard work, mostly on the part of my
wife. My market, at least for now seems to be stable.

Mushrooms are also being used in medicinal formulas and in some cases seem
to be effective in treating some illness. I however am not a Doctor and
make no such claims!

Mushroom prices and sales move up and down like any other food product. I
do however believe that it is one that has more upside potential. Cost to
construct a grow house is somewhat more expensive than a greenhouse as air
conditioning or cooling of some type needs to be added, plus humidity most
be control.

When I started this line of messages all I was looking for was organic rye
to grow my spawn in. While I will have extra spawn that I can sell I am not
marketing it. There are many places on the internet that offer information
and growing products.

I have attend Paul Stamets seminar in Washington and recommend that anyone
seriously interested in growing mushrooms consider this seminar. Paul can
be reach at www.fungi.com

Richard