market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mushrooms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ed Clifford" <hmdrawrod AT citlink.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mushrooms
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:01:48 -0500

Richard,
What I was trying to understand is; What is the trend? Stagnant, slow
growth, or are sales taking off. Not yours, but industry as a whole.
Generally when you see phenomenal growth, it's a good indication of a fad.
And that's not all bad.. as long as you don't put on excessive equipment to
take advantage. A fad gets people to try the product, and generally after it
passes you have new customers. This last year and a half there has been a
huge bump in my sales to consumers, I have had people ask me, "Do these
tomatoes contain lycopene?". By the end of this year sales were almost back
to normal, must be shifted to the latest food/cancer discovery. Have you
found that with mushrooms? I have heard them touted by different people as
cures for everything from arthritis to brain tumors.
Ed