market-farming - Re: Spading forks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Wages <jwages AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Spading forks
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:29:26 -0700

Lee Valley Tools (www.leevalley.com) makes an all-metal broadfork (wider
head than a spading fork)---its tines are not quite as long as the
Coleman version from Johnny's, but they appear unbreakable. They also
have an all-metal spading fork that I have not used
(http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.asp?page=45712&category=2%2C44813&SID=&ccurrency=2).

Bountiful Gardens (www.bountifulgardens.org) carries the Spear and
Jackson wooden-handled fork that is quite tough. It is the one I have
used for several years, although the handle has indeed cracked recently.

John Wages
Tupelo, MS