market-farming - OT: INVESTMENT PROPOSAL

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "WB Carver" <wbcarver AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: OT: INVESTMENT PROPOSAL
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:10:34 -0500

I know I shouldn't do this but...

-----Original Message-----
From: Grow19 AT aol.com <Grow19 AT aol.com>

>My response to them is always:
>I have forwarded your email to the US Department of Justice and the Federal
>Trade Commission for their review.
>Makes me feel better.
>
>Judy Tiger
>Washington DC

Well Actually you can really do that. Read below for the addresses to send
it to.

This is an excerpt from "TourBus" newsletter. One of my personal
favorites. Lots of good scam buster info and just plain good tips on things
of the Internet kind.

According to the U.S. Treasury, this scam grosses hundreds of millions
of dollars annually, and quite likely there are victims who do not
report their losses due to fear or embarrassment. In a few cases, scam
victims have been killed, and several people have been reported
missing. In response to this growing epidemic, the U.S. government
has established "Operation 4-1-9" designed to target the perpetrators
of this scam. So if you get a copy of the Nigerian 419 Scam by email,
forward it to this address: uce AT ftc.gov. If it arrives by mail or
fax, you are requested to fax a copy of that letter to (202) 406-5031.

To learn more about the Nigerian 419 Scam, the various forms it can
take, and what to do if you have lost money because of this scam,
check out these links:

<A href="http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/scams/nigeria.htm";>
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/scams/nigeria.htm </A>

<A href="http://travel.state.gov/tips_nigeria.html";>
http://travel.state.gov/tips_nigeria.html </A>

<A href="http://www.treas.gov/usss/index.htm?alert419.htm&1";>
http://www.treas.gov/usss/index.htm?alert419.htm&1 </A>

That's all for now, I'll see you next time! --Bob Rankin

=====================[ Tourbus Rider Information ]===================
The Internet Tourbus - U.S. Library of Congress ISSN #1094-2238
Copyright 1995-2001, Rankin & Crispen - All rights reserved

WB (Bill) Carver
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield, NC
wbcarver AT marketfarming.com
http://www.laughingbrookfarm.com

  • OT: INVESTMENT PROPOSAL, WB Carver, 11/29/2001