market-farming - Re: Health Insurance?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Health Insurance?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:48:05 +0000

In a message dated 10/30/2001 4:24:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wbcarver AT marketfarming.com writes:

> As we are about to make a decision on health insurance, I would be
> interested some feedback on this too.

Depending on the quality, amount of coverage, and size
of the deductible; you might be able to get attractive
quotes from major insurers such as New York Life if you
ask the agent whether or not they have an "unaffiliated
group" which you can join.

As always, the critical issue is how much total coverage
you are buying and how many people you are buying it for.

If you want coverage for regular medical treatments
instead of insuring against catastrophic illness or accident,
investigate local HMO plans and make sure they provide
an insurance backup.

Jay Gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming