market-farming - Re: soybeans and other comments

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: soybeans and other comments
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:03:11 -0500

Jay - there are probably various types of trees growing along there - we
have a nice sort of little hackberry tree by our driveway that we will lose
- they've topped it several times and now they say it has to go. There are
probably lots of honey and/or black locust among the interlopers and they
are truly difficult to get rid of. I know that once all of these trees are
cut down they will immediately begin regrowing with great vigor and we
really don't have the time to manage them or keep them cut back but I can't
have them sprayed with herbicides.

joan