market-farming - Howard Shapiro, Seeds of Changes master seedsman, Loudoun Co, VA, May 1, this Tuesday

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Howard Shapiro, Seeds of Changes master seedsman, Loudoun Co, VA, May 1, this Tuesday
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 07:44:48 -0400

Howard Shapiro, author of "Gardening for the Future of the Earth," is going to spend the afternoon at the Blue Ridge Center for Envrionmental Stewardship this Tuesday. From 1-4 pm, he'll answer questions and tell us about his current activities, which include starting a farm-scale line of organic seed and massive world-wide rainforest and cropland restoration projects. Howard is a man who still works the soil, although his ideas are affecting millions of acres of land world-wide.

This is an opportunity no natural gardener or farmer will want to miss.

There's not much room left, but call me or email me soon if you are interested. (No charge, but we are asking for donations for the farm market education project)

Thanks

Allan Balliett
Gardening for the Future
'Between the Hills,' Purcellville, VA

Mailing Address:
POB 3047
Shepherdstown, WV, 25443

(540)668-6165
(815)550-6067 EFax

allan AT gardeningforthefuture.com
www.gardeningforthefuture.com

  • Howard Shapiro, Seeds of Changes master seedsman, Loudoun Co, VA, May 1, this Tuesday, Allan Balliett, 04/29/2001