market-farming - Re: Corn Undressing and eating

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom Anslow" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Corn Undressing and eating
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 19:54:43 -0400

Lucy -- I too must confess to being an avid raw corn eater. We have found
that there are many benefits to eating raw corn, although I only eat it at
our stand.

As we have a friend who grows, picks, & delivers our corn daily, eating an
ear or two a day gives a very reliable test of its quality & freshness.

It is cool, refreshing, & nourishing on a hot day.

Customers see me eating raw corn and know it must be good if you can eat it
without salt, pepper, and loads of butter.

When someone remarks about eating raw corn, my brother likes to 'give' them
an extra ear if they promise to eat it raw as a test. Folks seem to like
this, whether it is the personal attention or the thought of getting
something extra for free.

BTW, anyone want to fess up to taste-testing potatoes raw? -- Tom