market-farming - 7-day market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "JOEY" <vegfarm AT iwon.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: 7-day market
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:08:24 -0500

Gee Phil, I'm also from the mid-west, where (city??) is this market
going to be??
Seems to me you lose all the Farmer/customer relationship by having some
one else do the growing and you the selling or the other way you grow and
have someone else sell for you. This is why I think co-op farming is a
bad idea at farmers markets. MOST customers want to know a personal
relationship with the actual grower, that is why they come. Lots of people
do not like seeing different faces each time they approch a stand.
We do not have any outside help on our farm, we stay small in order to
keep this spirit about our stand.

  • 7-day market, JOEY, 02/28/2001