market-farming - Re: Staking Tomato's

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom Anslow" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Staking Tomato's
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 06:58:00 -0500

Thanks so much for your info. -- Tom

----- Original Message -----
From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.net>
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 11:33 AM
Subject: [market-farming] Re: Staking Tomato's

> Tom...Jacqueline....Line tension need not be very tight, but try to get it
as tight as possible,it can actually sag between stakes but as long as the
plants remain off the ground there is no harm done, sometimes some sections
get loose because stakes shift slightly or twine stretches from a heavy set
of fruit then slackens after fruit are picked, I use a very light twine, a
three pound box contains 6300 ft and costs $7.00 its maybe 1/4 the thickness
of plastic baler twine I get it from Nolts Produce Supplies in Leola PA, you
can call them at 717 6569764, I dont like to tie at every stake because its
very hard to remove unless you burn it off, when you only loop it you can
cut and pull it off easy.