market-farming - Tomatoes and Peppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kathy Somers" <SomersFarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Tomatoes and Peppers
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 17:39:22 -0500

Hi Everyone,
Sometimes I feel like the longer I have been gardening the less I know!!  Can any one tell me how often I can  safely use fish emulsion or liquid seeweed on tomato and peper transplants.  They are now 3 weeks old.  I have used organic fertilizer and fish emulsion when I transplanted to the pots. I also used Miracle Grow on them a week later, because some of the plants are not as green as I would like, with paleness on some of the leaves.  I know that usually means a lack of nitrogen, but I feel like I have given them an adequate amount.  They are under grow lights, hung three inches from the plants.  I turn the grow lights out at night.  I keep the air temp about 72 and the soil temp is running an average of 68 with it being a little cooler at night.

Thanks
Kathy

  • Tomatoes and Peppers, Kathy Somers, 02/25/2001