market-farming - restaurant order

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: restaurant order
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:42:21 -0500

Hey gang!

I got my first order from a restaurant. I took in a sample of all the
peppers I have and the owner went nuts over them. They said they would
order from me as long as I had stuff. I am so happy! Now, how do I find
out the going price of vegetables? The lady I talked to told me how much
she was paying the wholesaler - the salad mix is $5.00 per pound. Any
suggestions?

Marie in Missouri

PS I haven't been back to the market. I've canned about 200 quarts of
tomatoes and green beans. Frozen 75 pounds of corn (cut off the cob) and
we've been eating like kings. :-)