market-farming - farmers market demographics

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jennifer-Claire Klotz" <jcvk AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: farmers market demographics
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 06:08:58 PDT

There are some studies that have farmers markets demographics. Of course they are limited in number, scope....and some are ancient (i.e. 15 years old or more!)

Some are on line at http://www.ams.usda.gov/directmarketing/l_online.htm#analysis

If you want to find some on your own (in print form) there is a list of studies that have been done at:
http://www.ams.usda.gov/directmarketing/b_5.htm

While all of these are city/area specific, you will probably be able to find some that parallel where you live....

Let me know if I can help further. (I am the one that compiled the bibliography in the second link.,..)

Best regards,
Claire
claire.klotz AT usda.gov