market-farming - Re: Peddlers at Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Peddlers at Markets
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:39:39 -0500

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:38:50 -0600 , "Wiediger, Alison"
<awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us> wrote:

>Peddlers have all but ruined our Farmers' Market.

Start a new market even if its a small one - depend on quality and
word of mouth for long term success. I"ll bet that's what you end up
having to do eventually.

>The local extension folks
>tend to encourage peddling "so there is more variety for the customer to
>choose from"

Unbelievable. This is expected behavior from an organization that
fires its pro-organic agents for expressing their views in a public
forum and encourages their clients to poison their yards and gardens
with pesticides. Idiots all.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. ICQ # 27930345
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT ibiblio.org
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech

  • Re: Peddlers at Markets, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/07/2001