homestead - Re: [Homestead] healthy fats

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] healthy fats
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:30:54 EDT

> >Right, that was the negative I saw, that Crisco was probably, almost
> certainly GM, and non-organic, which is another concern, but I was
> comparing only for heart healthiness, i.e. lipids, fatty acids, etc.

Bev, you've got me confused here. I think Lynda has already mentioned some
of this but you #1 enemy in fat world is hydrogenated oils. Deadly heart
attack bait, that. I know in our past we've been indoctrinated with the
mantra that vegetable fats are good and animal fats are not, but it has not
porved to be the case.

Lard (natural, not the hydrogenated abomination in the grocery store) and
butter are far, far healthier than Crisco in any form.

James