homestead - Re: [Homestead] healthy fats

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] healthy fats
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:04:48 -0400

Right, that was the negative I saw, that Crisco was probably, almost
certainly GM, and non-organic, which is another concern, but I was
comparing only for heart healthiness, i.e. lipids, fatty acids, etc.

Bev

Jeanne Driese wrote:
Things that are not organic have GMO products, usually, soybeans for
sure. Cotton is the most highly sprayed crop on the planet. Jeanne tnhillwoman North East TN zone 6 ----- Original Message ----- From:
EarthNSky To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org Sent: Thursday, April 30,
2009 4:45 PM Subject: Re: [Homestead] healthy fats

The concern here is heart healthiness... I like comparing products.
I compared my mayo to theirs,,,,mine actually came up better, and
Lynda, I am a dyed in the wool Dukes (Sauers) mayo person. MMMMM...

The shortening...

I'm comparing it to Butter flavored Crisco from my kitchen...

Partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oil

Nutritional Info

Organic palm oil

--
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public
debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered

--Cicero, 55 BC
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/