homestead - Re: [Homestead] How's your garden?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How's your garden?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:01:29 -0400

I have an excel spreadsheet that tells where things are, but you are right-a map in a permanent location would be good...I need to do that.

BTW, Rob, that clover is beautiful. If I might ask, how large is the field, how much did you plant, where did you get the seed, and how much did it cost? Tilled? Disked? Hand broadcast? Drilled?

Bev

Robert Walton wrote:
Linda,

Good they set fruit, guess it will be fun to try to identify the varieties.

I made a map of my orchard trees. I need to put a copy somewhere that
someone would find it if I disappeared. In a rental house in Fl,
someone had left a map on the back of a shed door. My grandad left one
etched on the milkhouse wall.

--
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

--Cicero, 55 BC
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/