homestead - Re: [Homestead] How's your garden?

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How's your garden?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:52:29 -0400

I've got about 10 peaches set on 2 trees. It was too cold and rainy
when they bloomed..... maybe next year. Peaches and apples still have
not bloomed where you are?

I'm in Northern Pennsylvania, right near the NY border. The pears are just starting to blossom; I hope they hold off a couple of days because it's grey and windy today, and probably tomorrow. I can just see the color on the apple flower buds. The Reliance peach hasn't bloomed yet. The new peach is just coming out of dormancy. The old peach used to be the first thing to bloom; the last couple of years the pears have bloomed first, then the apples, then the peach last. Climate change? Or maybe the trees are maturing and change their bloom time?

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA