homestead - Re: [Homestead] How's your garden?

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How's your garden?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:18:04 -0400

Your garden sounds well under way, Lynn. I'm just a little ahead of
you, the warm weather stuff is going in. Also, weeds are starting, so
I've been weeding a lot, get an early start.

I'm going to try the same thing next year with the rhubarb. I've
already got a place for it. Mine is on it's 3rd year and it's just not
doing that great. I'll move it in the fall. It's too late now. I'm
probably on the south side of rhubarb country anyway.

That kale sounds like a great plant. 3 years.

I've got about 10 peaches set on 2 trees. It was too cold and rainy
when they bloomed..... maybe next year. Peaches and apples still have
not bloomed where you are?

Rob - Va