homestead - [Homestead] tatos

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] tatos
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:56:27 -0700 (PDT)

Tires are still coming up good.   The big patch in the ground, nothing above
ground up yet.... however, I moved some soil a bit, and have found some stuff
coming up underground, so expect they will start to peek their tops out in a
week or so.  It's been cold here again.

Having a lot of trouble getting most seeds to sprout.  They either haven't
sprouted at all or start with the seed leaves, and then nothing.

After seeing the post on the Monsanto 1 season engineered seeds, I'm
beginnning to worry also.  I've started seeds twice now, no results.

I did get a lot of free beans from the bean straw - and those are coming up
fine.

And no delivery yet on the seed potatoes ordered.

I don't claim to have a green thumb, but NEVER in all the times that I have
started seeds before have I ever had any trouble at least getting plants to
be 4" high or so before I forget to water, or a hurricane or some other
reasonable explanation......

Some are being started inside, some out, even trying different soils etc.

I would hate to have to resort to buying starter plants my first year, but it
might come to that....

--------

“All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way.
People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes,
and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.
Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” ~ George
Orwell