homestead - Re: [Homestead] Border issues- spilling violence

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Border issues- spilling violence
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 03:56:26 -0800 (PST)

The article about which you posted, yesterday, made a jump to a bigger and
different audience this am. From this am WSJ ; it is also interesting to
click on the reader's comments tab and see what some of the readers of the
WSJ say regarding this issue.

Excerpt:

FEBRUARY 25, 2009

"California Legislator Sees Benefit in Legalizing Pot
Comments (19)

more in Politics »By STU WOO
SAN FRANCISCO -- A state legislator proposed legalizing the sale of marijuana
in California, saying the plan would generate more than $1 billion annually
for the cash-strapped state.

Assemblyman Tom Ammiano introduced a bill Monday that would legalize
possession and sales of the drug for people aged 21 and older. The
legislation would impose regulations and taxation similar to those for
alcohol sales. Federal law makes it a crime to possess or sell marijuana, so
the measure, if passed, would likely face an immediate legal
challenge.............

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123552248140364907.html#identifier