homestead - Re: [Homestead] Border issues- spilling violence

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Border issues- spilling violence
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:15:26 -0800 (PST)

It won't happen because it makes too much sense and it would relieve the
governments of too much power and control (not to mention size). Just think
how many people directly or indirectly profit or have their jobs because of
the never-ending, never-winning war on drugs.

There was a re-run of a documentary on CNBC this past weekend called Ma
rijuana, Inc. There was one twenty=something year old kid in a wheelchair
who had paid, just in the past year, over a million dollars in taxes as the
middleman between growers and six mari juana 'pharmacies in (I believe) San
Francisco. It was an interesting documentary. And, like you said , except
when the governmental be4came involved, there was hardly any violence.

I wish the SF Assemblyman , and others like him well, ..............

--- On Tue, 2/24/09, Rob <becida AT comcast.net> wrote:

Take the profit from the drug trade and what's left? Tax money from the
recreational drugs? It's being talked about