homestead - [Homestead] Greening the Desert

  • From: "Warren" <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Greening the Desert
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:49:34 -0500

I apologize to those on dialup, but here's an interesting video about a
project that reclaimed and greened a 10 acre area of salty desert in Jordan,
right next to the Dead Sea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ8pjOG4pXI

Here is a brief website about the project, surely a better one exists
http://www.permaculture.org.au/?p=230

A google search also finds some carbon-credit entity using this term but I
don't think it's the same people.

Warren