homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shots or not?

  • From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shots or not?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 21:09:41 -0600

I agree vaccines should be produced domestically. They told me these companies are unable to keep up with the demand and that it takes several years to make a batch. At prices like these, I can't see how it is not viable.

BTW, it goes by your weight. If any of you are planning to stick your thumb in a wild creature's mouth, this should be incentive enough to lose those extra pounds.

Marie McHarry wrote:
Sage reports that rabies vaccine is made only in Europe. Rabies isn't
the only vaccine not made in the US. It seems to me that as a matter
of natyional security we need to set up a vaccine-making facility.
Only a few years ago, tetnus vaccine was not available. I strongly
believe that some things should be produced domestically. I know that
the drug companies don't care to make vaccines, but this is something
the government could actually do efficiently.

Marie