homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shots or not?

  • From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shots or not?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 20:23:51 -0600

You'd think it would be like the car insurance company considering hitting a deer and act of god and lowering the deductible. My PPO had no idea how to direct me to an in-network provider of rabies vaccines. I also learned that there are only two companies making the vaccine, one in Germany and the other in the Netherlands, I think. So I can't imagine it being cost effective to have my doctor order it when it's already available from the health department. Not to mention needing to start the shots in 72 hours.

Marie McHarry wrote:
I'd get the shots as the alternative is so gruesome. I've known
several people who've had the shots, including my aunt and uncle who
took care of a calf that turned out to have rabies. Everyone agreed
that they hurt, a lot.

Your insurance company's waffling over the in-system out-of-system
distinction is, of course, goofy. For them, paying for the shots ought
to be a no-brainer.

Marie