homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 00:52:23 +0000

If we can't retrieve the funds from our IRA if economic disaster strikes, we
are one paycheck away from a personal disaster. bills would have to go unpaid
and unless someone wants to buy all the things I could possibly sell, even
the house note would have to go unpaid. If we can retrieve the money, then we
could hold down the fort for about 6 months with no additional income and no
additional expenditures if it appears that there will be no way to make an
income. trading is great for procuring things you need, but it sure doesn't
pay bills (electricity, propane, bank loan, etc.) I could do without all the
amenities but I'd still have to pay the land taxes and bank loan. And ours is
a very small loan by most people's standards.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)