homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:24:39 -0800

Ah, Bob, i think you're friend is right <g>

There are NO restrictions on diesel sales! None, nodda, nein, no. The rules on diesel (other than the low-sulfur stuff) are no different than they have been for decades. The family owns gas stations. When we borrowed the Silver Eagle, we tanked up 300 gallons at one fell swoop. Not so much as a raised eyebrow. All we got was "y'all have a nice day." Oh, and she wanted to know if we'd had the new 3 Vanilla ice cream we bought before and if we'd liked it. (the answer was yes)

We just filled up 6 - 50 gallon barrels with off-road. No questions asked.

No one says boo when we pick up 50 to 100 sacks of fertilizer.

Now, I will admit that we don't pull up in a U-Haul but then we wouldn't need a U-Haul, Home Depot has their own trucks they'll rent you to haul the stuff away with.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Lynn, I don't know what search words to put in, and I am uncomfortable doing such a search anyway; but there were some types of restrictions put on fertilizer/diesel sale after OKC. And, you do need registration in any state to sale fertilizer products. If I went to home depot with a ryder truck and tried to buy a a couple of hundred bags of nitrate fertilizer , I don't think I would make it to the diesel station to feel up the b*rrels, without being pulled over.

I'm not saying that is necessarily bad, on its face; it was just an example, like the sudafed (which I think is stupid; the meth heads still make all the want; the price just went up , so the violence went up- A mexican gang beheaded another 8-10 people in Tijuana this weekend; it's not even a big deal, anymore