homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:06:57 -0800

No it wouldn't. If you've never bought diesel and you've never bought fertilizer and you don't own a diesel tractor or own a diesel vehicle and you don't live on a farm, THEN, they *might* hear about it. Someday. If you have a tractor or a diesel vehicle and you live on a farm and you pay cash, they're never gone a know nothing!

I buy diesel all the time and sometimes I buy HUGE quantities of fertilizer for my neighbor who can't get to the big city to buy at the good price. When DH ran a landscaping business we bought buckets of fertilizer all the time AND diesel! Always paid with cash. Got a little handwritten receipts which read "Sold to: Cash" and the total dollar amount. My tax forms don't show what I bought line by line. They show categories. So, until they scan this e-mail, how would they know what we bought?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

If you bought a bunch of fertilizer and diesel fuel, it would be noticed by the feds. If you bought a bunch of sudafed, it would be noticed by the locals. I personally don't think they would catch the serial killer stuff until after the incident and they were backtracking................