homestead - [Homestead] Privacy in a small town? It is to laugh! (was: Our digital trail)

  • From: "Karen L. Black" <karen AT plamondon.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Privacy in a small town? It is to laugh! (was: Our digital trail)
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:44:49 -0800

Bob Ford writes:

> It is easier and chaeper to track people in small town , you need much
fewer monitors.

It is a sobering experience to someone, used to the anonymity of the city,
to move to the country and find out how much of his business is common
knowledge. I'm an EMT with the fire department, and I've often finished a
call and stopped in at the local store, only to hear the people there
discussing the patient and his condition. (Matters which we caregivers keep
confidential.)

I've had mutual acquaintances sliced, diced and julienned by some of the
people I know, and it has been a big incentive to keep my own foibles
low-key.

Karen Black
Blodgett, OR