homestead - Re: [Homestead] dumb desert question

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] dumb desert question
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:35:19 -0500

Are there earthworms in the desert, and if so, how deep are they

Bunjov AT aol.com wrote:
Hey, Bob -
I'm just now catching up.
And I kinda don't like the phrase 'barren desert'. We who live in it - by choice - already have enough of a problem with heavy metals from the Marine Logistics base and the Sheriff's Department busting meth kitchens and dumping all kinds of crap into our groundwater.
When I bought my piece of dirt out here, in '88, my water table was at 12'. Now, to get to potable water, we have to drill down to almost 600', to a whole other aquifer.
Sandy
Mid-Mojave

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13